3/8/12

What's For Dinner


Corn Beef Tacos..
I love to cook, along with creating new things. So, I have been on a kick to enhance the dinners I am making and taking to next level.. Don't I sound chef like..lol I wish.
 I love it when others enjoy my cooking it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside!

My first time sharing a recipe. 
I hope you try this and enjoy it with your family and friends as I did. 
let me know what you think.

Corn Beef
Put corn beef in slow cooker for 6/8 on high
1 can of beer (I use Corona or Tecate)
1/2 cup water
Add a pinch garlic and onion powder

Mayo Sauce
1/4 cup Mayo
  2Tablespoons Sriracha style chili sauce, Tabasco or any chili hot sauce
1 teaspoon lemon/lime juice
1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
Add a pinch of salt, garlic and onion powder

Nopales Tomatillo Salsa
1 pound of cactus prepared and diced (boil in water for 5 min rinse and drain)

>>>>>>Now take
1/2 pound tomatillos, husked, rinsed, and quartered
2 serrano peppers or 1 jalapeño pepper, chopped*
1/4 white onion rough chopped
1 clove garlic, peeled
Make a foil dish and place everything in and sprinkle with salt and olive oil and roast in broiler for 15 minutes until it has some charred look.
>>>>> Now place everything in to blender and add the following ingredients
1/2 cup packed cilantro leaves
Heaping 1 teaspoon salt
Squeeze of fresh lime juice to taste**



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hate catcus and corn beef and i tried it an its bomb. Love Renee daughter corrie